Our Friendly Staff (Yes, Real People!) Look Forward to Helping You!

Divorce With Children

Divorce Paperwork Preparation for People Who Have Children

Yes, We the People can help.

Getting an uncontested divorce when you have minor children can present a unique set of challenges; but rest assured, you don't have to go it alone if you use We the People to assist you with your uncontested divorce filing.

If you have minor children of your marriage

The New York State Supreme Court requires additional standard paperwork for couples with minor children that addresses custody, visitation, health insurance coverage, and child support payments.  If you have legal questions before starting an uncontested divorce, you should consult with an attorney prior to beginning any action.

Many couples come to us with New York State Family Court orders for Custody and Visitation and/or Child Support. If you have any Family Court Orders, it is your responsibility to provide us with the most up to date signed orders both before and during the document preparation process.  As non-attorneys we do not have access to Family Court records and will not be notified if you have a new Family Court Order put in place. 

If you and your spouse have not gone to Family Court prior to your divorce, do not despair. If you and your spouse can agree upon the minor children's issues and both of you are willing to sign all the necessary divorce paperwork, We the People can help you.

Here is what the court forms ask for from couples with minor children:

Signed copies of any existing Family Court Orders.
Current yearly gross income information for both parties, including income from all sources.
Social Security numbers of all parties, including any minor children.
Health insurance I.D. card information for the minor children of the marriage.
Any information regarding restraining orders issued for or against either party, information regarding any child abuse or neglect proceedings.
If you have any questions regarding our divorce services for couples with minor children, please feel free to give us a call at (518)435-9110 and speak with our friendly staff. We look forward to helping you get divorced as quickly, easily and affordably as possible. Contact us by email. 

*Disclaimer:  Please note that We the People staff are NOT ATTORNEYS and are not able to give legal advice.  We prepare standardized, computerized court forms at your direction, using information supplied solely by you.  All content on this page is considered general legal information and is not a substitute for the advice of a competent attorney licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction.